You may be looking at this after you’ve left the scene of a car crash. Did you take the proper steps right after the accident occured?
Here is a quick look at the seven things you should have done following your auto accident.
PROPER PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW AFTER AN AUTO ACCIDENT
1. Stop. As soon as it’s safe to do so, stop your vehicle.
2. Do not Leave the Scene Early. Fleeing the scene of an accident is illegal and could call for both civil and criminal issues.
3. Call 911. You may be required to call the police just incase anyone has been injured, and it’s good to have an officer at the scene in any case.
4. Gather all the data and Information and Write it Down. Here’s what kind of information to preserve while the incident is still fresh in your mind, and in the minds of others.
5. Be Careful What You Say. Statements you make at the scene almost always do more harm than good. Follow these tips.
6. Don’t Make Any Agreements. Striking a deal with the other driver is almost always a bad idea. Here’s why.
7. Take Photos of the Scene. Pictures are the best way to preserve the accident scene and capture the extent of vehicle damage.
DID YOU FOLLOW THESE STEPS FLAWLESSLY?
If you didn’t, take the time right now to do the things on this list that are still possible, such as writing down more facts or taking pictures of your car and other car(s) involved in your car accident. Once you have done as many of these things as you can, further protect yourself and your legal rights by taking the right steps After a Car Accident.
When the time comes to get your car fixed, we are here to help. ICC Collision Centers has 7 locations in both California and Arizona. For more information or to schedule your collision repair, contact ICC Collision Centers.